Pages

Sunday, 25 May 2014

240514 : Two days, Three countries ( India-Japan-South Korea )

So, today is the day. The day for which I have waited for quite long is finally here. Korea calling!

After the bewildering days of finding the right stuff to pack to take along, finally I took relief in the labor spent for the same.

So nice of my college buddies Balvinder(Ballu) and Vikas, that they have come to see me off.

Flight at 19:35, so I left at around 16:00 to ensure the check-in well in advance. (Non-regulars ought not take chances with the international flights :P )

There was no problem whatsoever in the check-in, immigration and security check and I was pretty much done within an hour or so. What now? Two hours in hand for disposal.

I called my family members, friends and relatives and roamed here and there and took snaps.

 Terminal 3(T3) of IGI Airport, New Delhi 
GMR Delhi DareDevil Lounge
I found the aura beautiful. Spent some time here. 

This one is not my flight.. Why I clicked it? Well, this is the first aeroplane I saw today. :P

Moving walkaway of Delhi's T3 
The Protagonist in Selfie Mode :D

I tried some non-default shade settings of S5 camera. Looks good! (Atleast to me, it does) 
My Flight JL 740

Another selfie en-route the boarding on arrow bridge @ 19:00
I couldn't click the pics of the takeoff as it was bad weather outside. It was thundering and shower were pouring heavily at the time our flight took-off.

Both the people sitting beside me were from India itself (mind you 85-90% of the passengers were not) and it was nice talking to them (Rathore and Kapil).
I slept at around 23:00 only to be woken up 02:00. Lights switched on and some announcement in Japanese being made. I am surprised. I thought flight will land at 0650 IST but later I realized that it is wrt Japanese time. Ok. Cool! The flight duration isn't as long as I thought. Direct reduction of three-and-an-half hours.

First view of Japan (near Osaka)


Looks like a river of Japan. Flight map suggests it might be Tenryugawa River.
Elevation : 2200 metres 
Was raring to click a selfie at Japan. So be it, with Usain Bolt (poster) at Narita Airport, Tokyo

Moving Walkaway at Narita Airport, Tokyo
The connector for T2  from Arrival area. This was long, quite long. Like three of them merged together.


Terminal was very secluded in the morning. I didn't expected an airport terminal(+international+ at Japan's capital) to be this less-crowded at any time of the day.

After deboarding, I get to meet two more Samsung employees : Rupal and Ravinder. Both from SRI-Noida. Good! I thought Airport always remain crowded but as I reach the airport, I don't find too many people around. In fact, I am not able to locate a single airport staff member for good 500 metres or so. Surprising!


To kill time, I roamed around the whole 2nd floor of the terminal (twice!!).

Ok, here comes my first non-selfie. Or, this too will be termed Selfie? ^^

T2 Narita, Tokyo Guide

As the day progressed, so did the crowd.

My connecting flight to Incheon, JL 951 Gate No. 97

Japanese food on display. I bet, there won't be anything for me to eat over here. (mind you, I am vegetarian)


At 1000, we board the flight.

I now have two Japanese women sitting beside me. The flight duration is around two-and-an-half hour and it won't be tough for me. After all, I am sleep deprived. I took a nap for around an hour and then we are served breakfast(or lunch, is it?) Again my name is not in the "Special Meal" a.k.a. Vegetarian passenger's list. This time I am not lucky enough to get food arranged. I am not particularly hungry. So, I don't mind.

Escalator at Incheon Airport, for the subway.

Waiting for the metro connecting the arrival area to the Incheon Airport terminal.

Inside the metro.


Met this guy, Brijesh on the airport. Glad to find someone from Samsung.

Incheon airport arrival lounge post immigration check.

Here I come Korea, be prepared to enthrall and to live up to my expectations. :)

Exit of Incheon Airport. Took the bus to Hotel Castle(Suwon) from here.
Bus is drove at a good pace (70-80 kmph) and the ride was very comfortable all the way. It was non-stop bus with even the toll booth payments done digitally( I could heard the beep of payment when the bus brisked past the toll at the high speed)
Deluxe Merc Bus
 Fast yet smooth ride.

Incheon(Grand) Bridge (although the angle from which I took the shot don't justify its grandness)
For 12.5 kms, all one can see is sea on both the sides and this marvel we are moving on, at a height 230 metres above sea level.

On the way to Suwon city.
I reached at my hotel (Cherry Villa) at around 15:00.
My team mates (Mitesh, Nishkarsh) went for visiting Seoul just an hour back. Had I reached earlier, I would have joined them. Nevermind, I took the much needed rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment